Monday, September 14, 2009

Cousins

Since the start of school, I have been busy with the typical "teacher stuff" and now getting Ella ready for her days of school. We are a family who thrives on structure and routine. We are struggling with the common issues of bedtime, sleep deprivation, and making sure we get out the door on time. The kids are doing well with it. The days seem to fly by. Ella is at her first day of all day kindergarten. It is weird around here without her. I've spent the time playing Legos, wrestling, and playing gas station. Even though I miss her dearly, she is ready for this next step and I feel like this time with the boys is super special. There was a time (long, long ago) that Elle and I had lots of time just the two of us and now I feel like I will get that with my boys. Yep, I'm letting the boys skip naps. We were busy having too much fun. Plus, it is part of my grand scheme to have everyone in bed by 6:30ish so I can go to the PTO meeting and see how things are run on the parent-side of school. :) The kids will surely be pooped. I am anticipating lots of crying and unruly behavior at dinner....but hopefully they will welcome their jammies and bedtime stories with happy, tired little hearts.

Over Labor Day weekend, we were so happy to have Mike, Sarah, and Josie come visit. The cousins had so much fun. Elle had fun playing dolls and dress up. They were hamming it up. Josie is so adorable. I only wish we were closer so we could see them more often. Elle would love a sister to boss...oh I mean, to do girly things with. Josie was a sport and let her play dress up. They played babies, Josie wanted the baby naked, Elle of course is very into the "outfits". We had fun at the park and getting ice cream as well. Wow! Time flies. We look forward to playing together again soon.

The little princesses

Uncle Mike & Aunt Sarah gave Ella her bday present.


Dollies



Look at taht ham! She is such a stitch.
Out for ice cream. We got him his own baby cone. Yea--he likes it!
Josie---not really a fan of ice cream...what???
Comparing cones

Mike, Sarah, and Josie


Polly Pockets from Ryan, Carrie, and baby Logan

Fun at the park

The girls having fun




The big guy
"Let me put these wood chips in your hair. Lovely!"


Two silly monkeys jumping in the crib. Looks like trouble right??

No comments: