Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hmmmm......

As I am sitting here uploading my pictures, I here this little conversation take place out on the back deck: Lots of giggling, squealing and general merriment. Then it falls quiet.
Carter: "ohhh noooo" Very serious
Ella: "Oh man, that is NOT good, buddy."
I turn to look at them, they are completely naked and staring straight up into the sky. I know why they are naked. I had just scolded them because their new "fun" is to spray each other to the point of drenching with the hose....completely clothed. After the third time in the last two days, I handed them both towels and told them they were responsible to dry off, hang up their clothes and then pick out dry clothes and get dressed...by.them.selves.! Sigh!!!!!!!!!!

So how is it again that I have two naked children staring up into the clear blue sky??????????

Carter has flung his underwear so far up into the sky that they landed on TOP of the roof. He came in to inform me of the situation telling me, "mom.....ummmm.....I got some bad news....my underwear are on the top of the house. ummmm.(questioning look waiting for me to loose it or laugh???) I just shrug my shoulders and say, "oh bummer" He sadly walks away head down, and mumbles, " they are my weally dood ones tooo...the one with the soccer balls on it. sighhh" Ella makes a suggestion that Dad can fix it when he gets home using the ladder. As far as Carter is concerned..it's ALL good! 15 minutes later and they are STILL naked. Must go facilitate the next steps of logical consequences. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! What a boy.

Kirsten Carlson said...

This is exactly what I needed to ready after a VERY LONG day! I am still giggling. Thanks for the long talk today. I really appreciate it! I miss you sooooo much! See you next week...yeah!