Somedays just drag on...like the Mondays following a Sunday full of throw up. Yep, both boys were sporadically tossing cookies yesterday. It was odd and disgusting. One of those hard days of mothering. Because seriously who enjoys being thrown up on at least three times and then kissing the perfect faces to tell them it is going to be alright?? Scrubbing walls, carpets and all possible surfaces of the house that could have been contaminated was my least favorite part. The boys were generally unphased by the whole ordeal. They'd throw up, be fine, go back to playing and then throw up again. No fevers really no crying. Thank goodness it just lasted the day. Scott stayed home this morning and they were restless to get out and see others and play in the snow. But we said no. Stay in. Be low-key....and for those of you who know my family well, you know that's not my boys. I engaged them in painting and building while trying to conquer the immeasurable amount of laundry I had created in my attempt to cleanse the house of germs and smell. We may still be a tad woozy from the bleach fumes. But a mom must CLEAN!
But the best 25 minutes of my day was putting Christian to bed. He still loves his snuggle time. We curled up under a crazy amount of blankets to read Curious George and the Snowy Day. He was precious. We read it.three times. {Heaven forbid I change just one word} Then we laid in his bed and these are the moments I hope I never forget. He kisses both of my cheeks and tells me lovingly that I am his best friend. He rubbed my back and said the prayer (which by the way melts a mothers heart instantly) and then we had a little chat about sweet dreams and crazy, silly things we wish for. I wish for cozy days with the kids and we eat cupcakes for breakfast. He wishes for random, tangible things like a new green closet, a new gaggie from grandma, building a silly snowman, and for me to sleep in his bed all night. As I try to leave his bed-which I don't particularly want to do, he says, " mom you lay here and I will draw you a picture--on your back" {I'm such a sucker}. Then he proceeds to draw the most adorable snowman with all the fixings. I seriously did not want to move. SO precious! So perfect! Can he stay this way forEVER? Ahh christian love, you break my heart into so many pieces. The things you say don't always sound age appropriate. Like tonight when he says to Scott as Scott is walking in the door late from the gym : "Wow Dad, I was praying for you to come home. I missed you today"
Sidebar- I have been so emotional this holiday season about this being my last year with a "baby" in the house. It is these dear moments that make me yearn for another. As a disclaimer, I do also have other moments--like the ones that make me want to pull my hair out and throw and adult size temper tantrum when he is sooooo naughty. So I look at that as a balancing out factor. But for now, I chose to tuck the sweet moments away in my memory that I hope never fades of just how precious and ridiculously CUTE this baby of mine is. Thank you God for today.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I spent my weekend the SAME way!!! Sloane began the trend on Thursday then Russell began Saturday bright and early. Vomit EVERYWHERE! AC and I spent a lot of time laughing as we were mopping up vomit :-) Glad you made the most of it!!!
What a sweet end to a tough weekend! Hope everyone is doing better and that it didn't spread to Sis.
Sorry to hear the boys were sick! Christian is such a sweetheart :-) Melts my heart!
Post a Comment