Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Days of School

It sure has been a busy week here so far and it's only Wednesday! The Moorlag family is sending 3 out of 5 it's members to school each week. Ella described her first day of FIRST grade as "magical". Carter was all a buzz this afternoon when I picked him up. He had SOOOO much to tell me about all the fun he had. Here are a few pictures to document: Carter and Brooke outside of Little Lambs!
{Someday this picture will be up at their graduation parties...sniff, sniff}
The First Grader on her first day. Did I mention she changed outfits 3 times...where could she possibly get that gene from??? Still missing the glassess..argggg! Mom and Elle's 2nd day. But we needed a group shot before we headed out the door.

Carter with his beloved spider backpack!
We had two separate but EQUALLY fun celebrations for each of their 1st days. I am so thankful that the kids LOVE school, they love their teachers, and they have wonderful friends to share all these great memories with. Warning to all who follow this blog. I will be a blubbering M-E-S-S when Christian is strapping on the backpack. I feel like these years of their childhood are flying by. Each day is filled with priceless gifts. Yesterday while Elle was at school the boys and I spent a long time chasing dragonflies around the yard with butterfly nets. We read Dr. Seuss 4 times, just to see the joy on Christian obsessed face! Carter and I sat on the couch and debriefed about his day. I am so thankful I am here with them to capture these special moments.
On a separate note---I am surviving kindergarten! To my own shock---I am actually loving it. I have a sweet bunch of 23 that keep me hopping all morning long. I am trying to soak it all in. But for now, I should go sleep! All these pumpkins will need my and every ounce of my energy and patience bright and early!

2 comments:

Kirsten Carlson said...

So glad to hear you are all off to a great start. I am a bit behind in blogging due to the start of school. I can never get over how tired I am this first week. Ella looks so grown-up and TALL. Carter is just a doll with his school clothes and backpack. And Christian...always so happy!!!

Carrie said...

The kids look pretty excited for school! And I just feel they look bigger than when we saw them this summer! We miss you guys lots!