lady. She comes by them naturally, as both her grandma's maintain meticulous flower gardens. I on the other hand I am busy maintaining the family and all that goes along with that joyous responsibility, that I am likely to kill most anything I am put in charge of. Thankfully, this year Ella and Carter take care of the urns and herbs we have randomly growing. In the spring, Ella gets the itch to plant seeds. I look at the packs of seeds that cost me less than $1.00 hmmm....I think, "what the hey?" They spend hours prepping, planting, and playing on.their.own. So I indulge them. Might I add, that Elle has a very nice pot of Morning Glories sprawling on the back deck and now these lovely beans. Last week in one of the many "perusals of the property" Carter makes each day in search of treasures a.k.a. insects, frogs, and a nice little Garden snake, he discovered Ella's bean plant had a few beans. She went to inspect: low and behold there were 11 beans on the one plant. YIKES! I had completely forgotten it was even out there. Grandma and Grandpa were over for a visit so it happened to work out perfectly to accompany our delicious dinner (mind you, I snuck a few "store bought" gasp for fill the bowl). She was so proud and delighted. I must say, she is getting to be such a domestic little thing. She loves dusting, organizing, playing babies, and helping Christian with the potty training, oh and anything in the baking department tickles her fancy too! She is so cute...when she's less lippy and more helpful! I am so thankful for my little girl.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Lil' Sprouts
lady. She comes by them naturally, as both her grandma's maintain meticulous flower gardens. I on the other hand I am busy maintaining the family and all that goes along with that joyous responsibility, that I am likely to kill most anything I am put in charge of. Thankfully, this year Ella and Carter take care of the urns and herbs we have randomly growing. In the spring, Ella gets the itch to plant seeds. I look at the packs of seeds that cost me less than $1.00 hmmm....I think, "what the hey?" They spend hours prepping, planting, and playing on.their.own. So I indulge them. Might I add, that Elle has a very nice pot of Morning Glories sprawling on the back deck and now these lovely beans. Last week in one of the many "perusals of the property" Carter makes each day in search of treasures a.k.a. insects, frogs, and a nice little Garden snake, he discovered Ella's bean plant had a few beans. She went to inspect: low and behold there were 11 beans on the one plant. YIKES! I had completely forgotten it was even out there. Grandma and Grandpa were over for a visit so it happened to work out perfectly to accompany our delicious dinner (mind you, I snuck a few "store bought" gasp for fill the bowl). She was so proud and delighted. I must say, she is getting to be such a domestic little thing. She loves dusting, organizing, playing babies, and helping Christian with the potty training, oh and anything in the baking department tickles her fancy too! She is so cute...when she's less lippy and more helpful! I am so thankful for my little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment