Ella and Carter enjoyed a special day at the theater a couple weekends ago (yes, I am behind in my blogging shocking...I know!). Grandma
Blackmer had given them each a ticket as part of their birthday gifts. What a GIFT it was! Ella has been to see the Nutcracker, Cinderella, a few other smaller productions. We went to the
Devos Hall downtown to see Beauty and the Beast. It was simply magical. The kids loved getting dressed up and heading out for a special date with Grandma and I. Grandma and I were thoroughly impressed ourselves, not only with the Broadway musical, but with the "show" that took place on their faces. Everything was so magical for them. Carter was awestruck! He was glued to his seat-which I had moments of worry over. But the boy was so good, that I would take him again in a heartbeat. Their little faces lit up with joy as they heard all the music they love. The big production of "Be Our Guest" was so riveting that they both gave it the standing ovation, it deserved. Mom and I spent more time watching the kids' faces. It really is just like VISA says: Tickets= expensive, souvenirs=ridiculous, watching their faces light up=PRICELESS!
I am
grateful that Grand Rapids has all these wonderful
opportunities available to us. It is such a joy to expose them to the different arts. We just love downtown and all it has to offer us.
Ella and Ainsley- two little ladies ready for a day at the theater.

In the atrium at
Devos Hall

Waiting for the curtain to raise
Carter sure does clean up well. Despite the fact that he considers himself a "professional
spitter" these days, he can turn right around and act like such a little gentleman! He was so polite and well mannered, a number of people commented on how well both of them behaved. I look forward to our next outing.
1 comment:
Ohhh! I sooo wanted to take Olivia to see that - Belle is her favorite princess :) Glad it was so wonderful and that you were able to experience it!!
Post a Comment