Friday, March 12, 2010

The Promise of Spring

Ahhh, this week was delightful. and crazy. and funny. and stressful. and sunny. and promising. I sit here on Friday night in shock of the blur of the week we just had. I had conferences, we had Elle's conference, Carter had the stomach flu, I had a few crazy instances at work, Christian was up to some serious shananagins, and I am in the midst of prepping for a birthday party for the boys next Friday and YEAH! The in-laws are coming. And double YEAH!! Our niece will be born next week. So many blessings. I am promising myself to carry my camera around next week, because I haven't been good about snapping pics lately. I will do better this weekend and into the week. The kids played outside everyday this week. They loved it. It is certain that we need a paved driveway because these boys are attracted to mud. It is unreal the magnetism between them and the gooey brown stuff???? Maybe one of these days I'll just go out there and join them to see what the fuss is all about.

Elle and I went and volunteered at a function at her school tonight. It was fun to help out the older kids. They had an over nighter for reaching their reading goals. Those parent volunteers are amazing. We just stayed until 7:15 to help out. Then Elle and I went to Target. for 2 hours. by.ourselves. It was really quite amazing. :) Scott called to check to make sure everything was ok. Unfortunately, Elle enjoyed it just as much as I did. She spent a long time contemplating the perfect gifts for the boys. They will love them. I NEED a Big Wheels for Carter. I almost rang the clerk's neck since they were all sold out. Arrrgh! Must go to more stores tomorrow.
Tomorrow,hm mm I should get to bed, I am still in the midst of training for this 'run' I have to friends who are running with me tomorrow morning. I am doing 10. They will be here to pick me up at 6:30. I should go sleep. Good night all. Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Kirsten Carlson said...

You go girl!!! I was up at 6:30 as well to head out for an 11 miler! Rained the entire run, but I will take rain over ice and snow any day!!! Are we crazy?!?!

Carrie said...

I don't know how you have the energy to run that far after all the other activities you do!