Monday, November 16, 2009

Swimming Lessons

We have been enjoying a relaxing fall. The kids have been having fun playing outdoors and using their imaginations inside creating art projects. They are currently REALLy into doing puzzles. They are shocking good at them too. This weekend Ella and Carter tackled a brand new 100 piece Scooby Doo puzzle and with very little help from me, completed it in less than half an hour. We were shocked! They had so much fun. Each time they had a section put together, they were shrieking with glee (just like opening a present). It was precious and heartwarming to see them work together so well. Maybe this will become a good winter family activity??

Each Wednesday evening we have an early dinner and then head off to the pool for swimming lessons. It was a perfect oppurtunity when they had a night that both Ella and Carter could have their lessons simultaneously. They each have their own part of the pool and take care of business from 6-6:45. I shower them and then bundle them in their jammies. I always pack a hearty "bedtime" snack for the trip home to fill their bellies and keep them awake until we get home. Then a quick bed time story and everyone is in bed. It is working out well---all except for the tough job of keeping Christian OUT of the pool. The poor kid is dying to jump in and join in the fun. We try to make up for it when we go on the weekends so he can have pool time too! waiting for their teachers
listening and WAITING.


Blowing bubbles and waiting his turn to swim like a fish

Ella is practicing different techniques. Here she is pushing off the wall and swimming the backstroke.



His favorite move-Superman!

1 comment:

Kirsten Carlson said...

Your kids are so happy!!! I love it! I think swim lessons are next on our list of things to do. I just wish there was more time in my day. I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!!!!