Monday, May 18, 2009

updates

For those who are follow our blog you probably noticed I have not been keeping up my posts as well. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the end of the school year rapidly approaching, packing up my classroom as I will be teaching in a different building next fall, writing chapter one of my thesis, and trying to maintain sanity and stability in a household of 5 1/2. Ahh. Only about 12 more days of school and so much to fit into those days. But I thought I would post some pictures and give a few updates. So here is a quick attempt to fill you in since my last post awhile ago.
The Garden:
All those who know me, know I can NOT keep a house plant alive. So when I made the New YEar's resolution to have a garden...it seemed a bit lofty. Since we live in the woods, there are too many creatures that would devour a traditional style garden- so we have opted for the container garden. Our deck is so full of our plants, but it has been so fun. The kids are TOTALLY into it. Watering, weeding, and finding oodles of worms to "help our plants grow". Elle and Carter enjoyed their first juicy strawberries last night. Wasn't it fun that Grandma & Grandpa Moorlag could witness all this via the video conferencing?? How trendy are we? Here are some shots of the things we have planted.

Strawberries


Proud of all that we actually have growing: broccoli, strawberries, peppers, herbs, and 5 tomatoes well underway. Oh, isn't this impressive...Elle has carrots from seeds growing. What a little green thumb!
Carter has been loving his "class". Last week, he was introduced to kickball. Although, not an immediate fan. He wanted to kick and then chase his ball. The coach lovingly encouraged the crying Carter to run the bases instead of tackling the boy who caught his ball. I think we desperately needed a nap this afternoon.






Christian trying to get in on "running the bases".




The team huddling to do their TEAM cheer!

Mother's Day:
I am abundantly blessed with our healthy and happy children. Here we are before church..no chance we could get a "good picture" of all of us. But I had to post these 2. The kids were precious and made me breakfast in bed on Saturday morning. Blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit and coffee. So delicious and sweet! I had a day full of pampering and the kids went shopping with Dad to pick out my favorite things: a new coffee mug, flavored coffee, chocolate of many sorts, and hand made gifts and cards. Scott is such a terrific dad, he really took the time to put thoughtful touches on Mother's Day.













Carter loves his magnifying glasses. Here he is examining his beans before we wrapped them in wet paper towels and put them in baggies.













This whole "bean sprouting" experiment is so amazing to everyone in the family.



















Catching frogs in the "pond" is another fun past time the kids have throughly enjoyed this spring.









You can't tell very well, but Carter is dumping the water out of his boots in this shot. Sheezee!


Planting a bed of wildflowers.

the frog is in the bucket


planting the strawberries




3 comments:

Margo Lynn Laug said...

Ha! Ethan has that same magnifying glass and is just as enthralled with it! You look so happy in the Mom's Day pics Liza - love your bangs :)

Kirsten Carlson said...

I just HAVE TO bring the kids to your house for a play date this summer!!! Russell would just absolutely love your property!!! He is my little explorer. Looks like you have been having fun amongst the craziness of school coming to an end. I am in denial and am refusing to face my to-do list:-)

Lisa said...

Liz, those Mother's Day pictures are beautiful! So glad you've all been happy and well lately. What precocious kiddos. I love the picture of Christian running the bases.